Friday, November 30, 2012

ATHENS

I enjoyed Athens much more this time than I did on my first visit.  This time I had a half day in Athens and then a visit to the Temple of Poseidon.   I had lunch in a very nice hotel and had some shopping time in the old section of the city.  I bought some Ouzo and a pin from the Hard Rock Cafe.  The only drawback was the "tour guide from hell".  She was very well informed but gave a 10 minute dissertation on a subject and then we would walk 50 ft and get another 10 minutes.  I finally wandered off on my own and actually got to see the Acropolis.  All in all it was a good day.


A temple as seen from the Acropolis

A view of Athens

Part of the Acropolis

Other ruins

 Another view of Athens
I thought that this door was very unusual and looked neat.

Ruins of the Temple of Poseidon.ens   The temple is located on Cape Sounion which is 43 miles SSE of Athens on the southern most tip of the Attica Peninsula.  It was a scenic drive along the Aegean coast.

No comments: