Saturday, October 31, 2009

PARIS 2009 DAY THIRTEEN

Today has been a nice easy day just exploring the neighborhood
and doing a little shoping. The day started with lunch which was
a learning lesson. We ate at Au Pied de Cochon. See the menu below.
the waiter asked if we wanted a menu in English. I said no. After all
I've been here almost two weeks and have done just fine. Big
mistake. I recognized a lot of the entrees but I noticed veal. It was
Rognon de veau in Cognac. I like veal so I ordered it. I was
expecting a veal cutlet, or pieces of veal in a sauce.






Click on the picture to enlarge it and then look at the black print
between the two red print entries on the right side under Viandes.




Here's what I got. Rognon de veau is calfs kidneys.
I sent it back. It was an expensive french lesson but I
learned a new word.


I reordered and got a steak





Our apartment is in the building at the end of the street. Click
to enlarge the picture and the window to the right of the yellow
awning is where we've stayed these two weeks.



1 comment:

Sara said...

hehehe...what no kidneys for you? ;)

Can't wait to see you and hear all about it!

Love you