Thursday, April 7, 2011

APRIL IN PARIS

Arrived in Paris Tues evening around 5:00. Met Ladee and Phyllis and Chuck at Cafe Etienne Marcel for a few verres du vin. Brought my back pack to the apartment and then Phyllis, Chuck and I went to "TB's" (le tir-bouchon 22 rue Tiquetonne 75002 Paris) for dinner. Superb!!! Got back to the apartment around 10:30 and collapsed into bed. Wednesday was a leisurely day. Took the metro to the Arc de Triomphe and walked down the Champs-Elysees. We had a wonderful meal at Cafe George V. I had the Beef Bourguignon. After lunch we continued our walk. We parted ways near the Place de Concord. Ladee and Tina went to the Eiffle Tower and I went to the Opera. After the Opera I walked back to the apartment for an hour to recharge and then grabbed a cafe creme at Cafe Etienne Marcel and people watched and relaxed for an hour or so. After that I walked aroud Les Halles, did some grocery shopping and returned to the apartment. Wonderful day but I was tres fatigue. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead, dead,dead.. For pictures go to www.ladeetravels.blogspot.com section Paris Arc dr Triomphe, Champs-Elysees. If I get a chance I will go back to the opera and take more pictures.

No comments: